The first step to improve your writing is understanding your writing goals.
For example, I typically write letters for e-Bay or Amazon sellers, sometime I report about bugs in software applications. And that's all. I've never sent emails in English for working reasons.
I dread writing letters for working purposes. My grammar isn't good, sometimes I don't know the certain meaning of words, and sometimes I mix prepositions or and articles. So I feel I'm not ready to use writing skills.
For writing better, faster, and in a more official way, I've decided to try pass the IELTS General exam. There are two types of writing tasks: a letter about some official affair and an essay about a general themes. Therefore I need to practice these kinds of writing skills. I found a lot of typical IELTS essay themes and decided to write one essay or one letter per day. But I don't know who will correct me...
Maybe you can recommend me something? I will appreciate your advice.
Thanks for your attention and don't hesitate to correct this writing or write a comment, please do it, I need it a lot.
- affair - an event or sequence of events of a specified kind or that has previously been referred to
- article - in grammar, an article is a kind of determiner. In English, 'a' and 'an' are called the indefinite article, and 'the' is called the definite article
- attention - notice taken of someone or something; the regarding of someone or something as interesting or important
- dread - anticipate with great apprehension or fear
- essay - a short piece of writing on a particular subject
- hesitate - pause in indecision before saying or doing something
- letter - a written, typed, or printed communication, sent in an envelope by post or messenger
- preposition - a word governing, and usually preceding, a noun or pronoun and expressing a relation to another word or element in the clause, as in 'the man on the platform', 'she arrived after dinner', 'what did you do it for?'
- purpose - the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists
- reason - cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event
- skill - the ability to do something well; expertise
- therefore - for that reason; consequently
- typically - something usually happens in the way that you are describing