A few extra phrases to discuss your family.
- Oh tonight me and the fam are going out for pizza.
- fam - a person's family
- Yeah he's my own flesh and blood. I can't turn him away.
- flesh and blood - a near relative or one's close family
- It's no surprise that in the argument, she took her mother's side, over the side of the family friend, because blood is thicker than water.
- blood is thicker than water - relationships with family are stronger than those with friends
- Your immediate family are your parents, siblings, grandparents, children. Everyone else is your extended family. For example, cousins, aunts, uncles.
- sibling - each of two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister
- Oh the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In other words, children often resemble their parents in looks and behaviour.
- resemble - have a similar appearance to or qualities in common with (someone or something); look or seem like
|There you are||Expression|
|Oldest sibling||The oldest sibling, The oldest child|
|Youngest sibling||The baby of the family|
|Middle sibling||The middle child (middle child syndrome - when middle child sometimes gets forgotten about)|