skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- I like music very much.
- I like many kinds of music. You can find something beautiful in every piece.
- But most of all I am inspired by such kinds of music as: classical, jazz, songs of Russian bards.
- Other areas of music also touch me.
- I love rock, rock-n-roll, pop and American songs about love and loneliness.
- It is possible to say that good songs doesn't belong to any particular genre.
- The first serious impression on me was made by Andrey Makarevich. My sister had a tape of his songs.
- I heard his songs when I was eight years old. It was very different to his work in the band Time Machine.
- For the first time in my life I heard the songs of a smart and searching man. They never broadcast songs like that on the radio.
- Then I knew about other composers. They sang songs about themselves and songs of other composers.
- Some of them composed very beautiful songs. So, I came closer to the classics.
- My grandfather said he didn't understand classical music, but he respected it. He taught me that a smart person can respect something even if he can’t understand it.
- But before I fell in love with classical, I fell in love with jazz.
- And only when I appreciated jazz, I realized that classical isn't boring.
- Now they are three of my favourite directions in that area.
- I have good equipment to listen and about 3500 CDs.
- But because of work, family and English I have not listened to any songs for five years.
- My favourite composers are Bach and Schnittke. The artists are Rostropovich and Richter. The conductors are Bernstein and Karajan.
- I hope my children will love music. I will give them my musical collection.
- appreciate - recognize the full worth of
- artist – is a performer such as a musician, actor, or dancer.
- broadcast – transmit (a programme or some information) by radio or television
- composers – a person who writes music, especially as a professional occupation
- conductors – a person who directs the performance of an orchestra or choir
- genre - a style or category of art, music, or literature
- inspired by – of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse
- kinds of music – different areas of music
- loneliness – sadness because one has no friends or company
- particular - used to single out an individual member of a specified group or class
- taught – past of teach
- verses – writing arranged with a metrical rhythm, typically having a rhyme