Letter to the Person in Charge of a Venue. I asked for details of possible proposals. I wriote additional clarifications. Useful for IELTS preparation.
You are organising an executive event for the company you work for.
Write a letter to the person in charge of a venue that you are considering for the event and ask for detailed information regarding dates, services and costs.
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Dear Sir or Madam,
I work for Z-Tech Industry LTD. I am responsible for the selection of possible venues for an off-site meeting for our managing directors board. We are going to have a meeting in 43 or 44 weeks. It will take about 9 hours. We plan to divide it into 2 sessions of 3.5 hours each of work with a lunch break between them and light snacks at the end of the day. Please send me your options for organizing this event.
In addition, I want to clarify the following points:
- The event will have 35 people, everyone will have lunch, as well as snacks at the end of the day.
- The best day for the meeting is Friday, but you can suggest other days based on the price, utilization and your capabilities.
- We need to see detailed photos of the premises in your offer, as well as have the opportunity to visit the premises before signing the contract.
- The meeting room should be equipped with an oval table for 35 persons, a projector and a white board. All places should have a notebook and a pen.
Please, send me your offer before Thursday to give me the chanse to hold a Tender Committee meeting no later than Friday. At the moment, our budget is $9,000, but I am ready to consider cheaper options.
For any additional questions you can contact me by phone 12345678 or e-mail email@example.com.
- off-site - something that occurs or that is made at a location different from the one where it will be used or where it would normally occur
- oval - having a rounded and slightly elongated outline or shape like that of an egg
- premises - a house or building, together with its land and outbuildings, occupied by a business or considered in an official context
- venue - the place where something happens, especially an organized event such as a concert, conference, or sports competition