Some people think that rest and sleep are the best methods to relax while others think that it can be done by involving in some activities like sports. Do you agree or disagree and give your view?
40 minutes, 250 words at least.
The main aspect we need to consider is the link between sleep and sport. These two things work better together, through reinforcing each other.
Let's start with sleep. If you don't sleep 7-8 hours a day, you will gradually accumulate fatigue. You will no longer be able to be sufficiently attentive and effective at work. This is especially true for routine or mental work. For instance, when you need to perform complex calculations that require attentiveness from you. Or when you need to learn a lot of new information. In all these cases, it is better to be well-rested. In other words, lack of sleep will discourage you from doing these tasks.
Sleep also relieves physical fatigue. After hard-physical stress, it is good to lie down and relax. Because when we sleep, we rest and recuperate.
However, sleep is not always the only and best way to relax. Let's suppose you have a very nervous and stressful job. Tomorrow you will have to hold complex negotiations, the day after tomorrow you should not forget to congratulate your business partner, and you also need to do something with slippage of testing new equipment. All these thoughts rotate in your head at the most inappropriate moment, when you are trying to fall asleep. As a result, you toss and turn from side to side and cannot bring yourself to sleep.
In this case, it's best to switch the activity. Doing sports after work will help relieve tension and allow you to forget about worries. During sports our body produce serotonin and endorphins that make us feel more relaxed and happier. Doing sports gives us more oxygen, which is also needed for top-quality sleep.
Just don't forget that if you do sports directly before bedtime, it can harm your sleep. There must be a period of at least 3 hours between exercise and sleep. Therefore, it's not the best decision to go to the gym at night.
Sometimes switching activity allows you to relax better than just lying on the couch or sleeping. Combine your activity and you will always be able to do a lot and feel fresh.
- discourage - prevent or try to prevent (something) by showing disapproval or creating difficulties
- fatigue - extreme tiredness resulting from mental or physical exertion or illness
- gradually - in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees
- recuperate - recover from illness or exertion
- reinvigorate - give new energy or strength to
- rejuvenate - make (someone or something) look or feel better, younger, or more vital
- relieve - cause (pain, distress, or difficulty) to become less severe or serious
- slippage - failure to meet a standard or deadline; the extent of this
- sufficiently - to an adequate degree; enough
- tension - the state of being stretched tight
- toss and turn from side to side - to move around restlessly while sleeping or trying to sleep